Skip to main content

Asymmetrical Ellis sweater from Fibre Mood

There is a new Fibre Mood * released and I got to sew a great sweater from it, the Ellis sweater . The Ellis sweater is very quick sew but stands out because of the split neckband and waistband, such a fun detail! And of course the diagonal colour block is right up my alley.   Our girl picked out the fabric herself, at least the fireworks fabric. I picked out the matching fabric. The print works well with the large piece. The sweater is a bit roomy, that is because there is a size 6 and a size 8 and she doesn't fit in the size 6, but the size 8 is still a bit big on her. Well she can grow into it. At textielstad I bought a couple of multicolour threads . I felt this was the perfect project to try it out and indeed it matches the colours in the sweater very well. Fabric : Starburst French Terry from Second Star Fabric Pattern : Ellis sweater from Fibre Mood Sizing : 2 - 14 Options : just 1, the colour blocked sweater Difficulty : 1 out of 5 stars Sewing time : 1,5 hours # Fabric t...

Fluffy Cozy embrace cardigan

With the fall and winter setting in our girls are in need of cardigans. The Cozy Embrace Cardigan by Made by Runi is just perfect for that and it is pattern of the week, which means you can get it with a discount this week!
I had some teddy fabric in my stash and was looking for a pattern that would fit that fabric. Then I saw this cardigan and thought this pattern would be perfect for this fabric. During our sewing weekend my sewing buddy, who buys at a wholesaler sometimes, brought this lovely fox teddy fabric with her. So I bought a meter from her and made this vest with it. I also made a dress from it, but you will have to wait until it makes it to the blog. The teddy fabric for both our girls is so soft and cuddly I just want to touch and stroke it all day long.
Our girls love their cardigan, they are totally into these fluffy, soft fabrics. For our middle daughter (with the fox fabric) I sewed the band and cuffs with the right sides together so that the fluffy fabric is on the outside.
Making pictures is sometimes a challenge. Our eldest is never in the mood for making pictures, while our middle daughter always loves to make pictures. Once our eldest is convinced to make pictures, she is doing great and loves doing it. The best and quickest photoshoots are when they are together having fun.
Fabric: the blue flower teddy fabric comes from textielstad, the foxes and blue teddy fabric comes from Nooteboom
Pattern: Cozy Embrace Cardigan by Made by Runi (English tutorials are available at her blog)
Sizing: 80 -164 (12M - 14Y). Also available in women's sizing (34-58)
Options: 3 different lengths and with or without pockets.
Difficulty: 1 out of 7 stars, so an easy pattern to sew.

# Fabric this week: 0 in - 5 out (Total fabric in 2019: bought 87 new fabric - used 74 fabric - used 9 gifted fabric - used 15 scrap pieces of fabric) - in total 87 in 98 out
# Patterns in 2019: 17 in - 14 out (4 new patterns, 10 already owned unused patterns)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basically Jalie Blog Tour: Bella Fit and Flare dress

This week it is time for the Basically Jalie Blog tour and a giveaway! For this blog tour it is all about basics. Although a dress might not be a stereotype basic, it is for our eldest. She wears a dress every single day, or at least as often as possible. So I chose the Bella Fit and Flare dress (3460) from Jalie . Read until the end for more details about the giveaway! I love the silhouette of this dress and so does our girl. When she spins around it twirls perfectly. And did you see that lovely back? I finished the back differently. In the pattern they add elastic to finish off the neck. I was lazy and just added a neck binding that I serged to the dress. To accentuate the princess seams I added piping to the front seams. I used the same fabric that I used for the neck binding. Because we are still in winter season I also made a tank top to wear underneath the dress. I used the Raglan Tee, Racerback Tank and Tunics (3245)  from Jalie in the same fabric as the ...

A Women's Sweater - Newport Top

Pattern testing is so much fun! I love the deadline that comes with a pattern test, because you actually have to finish the garment you are making within a week. This time I was selecte d for a women pattern, that was a first for me, how exciting!  The pattern for which I was one of the lucky testers was the Newport Top * by  Itch to Stitch . It is a top with a boat neckline. It is great for a a bit ticker type of fabric, such as french terry and sweat knit. It is a comfortable top that looks nice. It has a high/low hem and some decorative top stitching. Just as Jenya  ( While she was sleeping ) said, I also don't sew as much for myself because of the alterations that I need to do before I am totally happy with my garment and I will actually wear it. With this top, because it has a loose fit you don't need to worry about that too much. The size of the bust is all you need (and maybe the length that you want your top to be). For the first top I sewed (red fabric) I...

Petite Stitchery Blog tour: Lulu Dolman

Another blog tour! This time for myself, the women's Layne Dolman by Petite Stitchery *. It is a dolman sweater with a high-low hem. It is an easy sew and looks so nice with the high-low hem. I sewed the Lulu Dolman in sweat fabric. Unintentionally I had to hack the sweater a bit. I was stubborn when picking out my fabric, I loved the red color of the sweat fabric in my stash. The pattern suggested more stretch and I ignored that and ended up with too tight sleeves. Therefore, I decided to add a piece of fabric between the front and back pieces.  I made a Medium and graded to a Small for my chest, it is a perfect fit. Due to my height I also shortened the sweater with one inch. I would not change anything next time! The Lulu Dolman is on sale through Sunday for $7.  I used the same fabric for the cuffs, the extra fabric and the neck binding. It is called Bulbs from the Playtime collection from See You At Six fabric . Lovely ...