Tuesday, 20 June 2017

Men's Roller Coaster Tee

My first post about a men's pattern. Although I have sewed some men's patterns before, I have not blogged about any of them. It was my husband's birthday in May and he feels a bit left behind when it comes to sewing for him. So the perfect gift is a handmade item!
I sewed the Men's Roller Coaster Tee (MRCT) from Duck Butt Designs. I love the patterns by Duck Butt Designs because of their colour blocking. Anything with colour blocking is great isn't it? 

I wanted to sew something special, a plain t-shirt can also be easily bought at a store don't you think? Therefore the Roller Coaster Tee is perfect! And since I do not own too many large pieces of fabric the Roller Coaster Tee is also perfect. I sometimes forget how much fabric I need when I sew for my husband.
The two types of fabric with stripes is actually the same fabric. For the lower piece I used the right side of the fabric and for the other piece I used the wrong side of the fabric. I adapted the pattern slightly by taking in the sides with 1 cm. Luckily I thought of this before finishing the t-shirt because the larger piece with the stripes is actually 1 piece and there is no side seam in that pattern piece.

Pattern: Men's Roller Coaster Tee by Duck Butt Designs
Fabric: red and black fabric is from my own stash, I bought the fabric with the stripes at Cares Stoffen.

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...