Thursday, 18 May 2017

Petit four - a new dress by Duchess and Hare

I know many of you love ruffles, I on the other hand, do not like ruffles to be honest. But then I tested the new dress by Duchess and Hare, the Petit Four Dress. I actually like this type of ruffle. It is not the flowy knit type of ruffle but a nicely lined modern type of ruffle, at least that is how I see it.

The Petit Four is a cotton dress, with two front options (ruffles or scallops) and two sleeves (sleeveless and short sleeves), sizes 2-10, and there is a free apron as an additional bonus (I did not make the apron). The dress has a modern, yet vintage feel to it. It has the cutest sleeves, but is quite different from the dresses that I normally sew for our girls. Yet I love the classic look of the dress. The sleeves and the V-shaped back give it a different look from other dresses.
I made the dress with the ruffles option with a color blocked back and with short sleeves. This time it took some time to find the fabric that was a nice combination for this dress. I found my fabric, but then saw that I did not have enough fabric, so I had to be creative this time. Instead of cutting the skirt piece on the fold I cut too pieces (and added seam allowance) and sewed the two pieces together, can you tell in the pictures?
The dress can give a different look with different types of fabric. I prefer a modern feel for either the dress or the fabric, so I picked out a fabric with geometric stripes. Most testers used a vintage type of fabric, which gives the dress a totally different feel. The fabric for the skirt is not a thin cotton type of fabric but is a cotton sateen, which does not mean much to me, but it is a heavier type of cotton, which makes the skirt stand out a bit. I really like the look of the skirt. It is for sale through Sunday!
Fabric: the fabric with the animals on it comes from Tis Lifestyle. I already made a sleeping bag of this fabric (see below) one of many that I have made.
The orange fabric with geometric strips is orange tatimi stripes by Michael Miller fabric that I bought at modes4u, almost 3,5 years ago.
Pattern: Petit Four Dress by Duchess and Hare

10 comments:

  1. Gaaf, heel leuk met die subtiele ruffles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja vond ik ook, eens weer wat anders die ruffles!

      Delete
  2. Ik vind het echt een mooie jurk! Je hebt de stoffen goed gematched met het patroon. Ook een heel leuk patroontje, lijkt me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik denk dat dit patroontje zeker bij jouw stijl zou passen, niet?

      Delete
  3. Zoo mooi weeral! Ik hou echt van je stijl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wauw ik vind dit een prachtjurkje!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prachtig jurkje en ze staat er zo mooi mee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ze vindt het zelf ook een heel erg mooi jurkje, net als sneeuwwitje

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...