Monday, 10 April 2017

Show Your Stoff Blog Tour

Today I am showing you two patterns from Zierstoff Patterns*. The Greta Tunic and the Mina Shorts. Both patterns are great for summer sewing. We were just planning a trip to Indonesia when I was looking at the patterns, so I got very inspired to sew some summer garments.
First up is the Greta Tunic. It is a tunic which is great for summer to put over a swimsuit at the beach for example. When I saw the Greta Tunic I just thought it would just be perfect for our eldest. I like the loose fit, it just flows nicely. An added bonus is the quick sew, only attaching the facing in the front might take some time. 


The fabric was already in my stash for almost years. I loved it when I saw it online, but once it was in my hands I found it difficult to combine with other fabrics and did not find a pattern that fitted the fabric. When I saw this pattern I thought the fabric was just perfect for it.
The Mina shorts are an even quicker sew than the Greta Tunic. Within 2 hours I cut the pattern, chose the fabric (which always takes some time) and sewed the garment. The only downside was the fabric that I choose, it has some lines in it and of course I wanted the lines to line up. So I had to unpick for a couple of times before I was satisfied.
The shorts are perfect for summer weather. As you can see in the picture of the back of the shorts I had another issue when sewing the shorts. The waistband was a bit short. So therefore I sewed another piece of fabric in the back. It also makes it easier for our girl to identify the back when she is putting it on. I like the extra color in the waistband.
What I like about the shorts is the fit and the quick sew. You can easily make a couple for summer. And the result looks like a nice store bought garment, but then with nice unique fabric.
You can buy any of the Zierstoff Patterns with 30% discount in April, use the code MahlicaDesigns30. 

The rest of the week more bloggers will show you one of the many patterns by Zierstoff Patterns. Make sure to have a look. There is such a wide variety of patterns.

Monday April 10- Anne-Mari Sews, Inspinration, Tenille’s Thread, Sew Cucio, Embrace Everyday 


Tuesday April 11- Musings of A Seamstress, mahlicadesigns, Anna's Heirloom Boutique, Ronda B Handmade, FABulous Home Sewn 

Wednesday April 12- Thread and Scissors, Kaleidothought, Idle Sunshine, mahlicadesigns

Thursday April 13- Very Blissful, Sew A Piece of Joy, Zowie Zo, Nina Makes, Thread and Scissors

Friday April 14- Tales of a Tester; Anne-Mari Sews; Bless, by Tone; Life Sew Savory; Needles to Say, Adventures with Bubba and Bug

Saturday April 15- Sprouting Jube Jube, Musings of A Seamstress, Stitches by Laura; Tea, Dust and Stitches, Anna's Heirloom Boutique, Ronda B Handmade, Glitter in my Coffee

10 comments:

  1. Ik ben altijd fan van jouw taillebanden :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik ook en nu kon ik niet anders ;)

      Delete
  2. I want both of these patterns now. The Mila shorts are similar to the City Gym shorts patterns, but with pockets and less fiddley bias binding. Using the Greta as a swim coverup is a brilliant idea too. The fabric you used for the Greta looks just right for a summer trip to tropical locations and the plais shorts are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the material you used for these (and your little girl is just adorable) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both cute but I just love the tunic! I was wanting to try a woven fabric tunic for my daughter and this one looks perfect. Now just to wait for summer in NZ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Well the summer in NZ is still some time away, so you have some time to sew it up :). Would love to see the result!

      Delete
  5. I love the pop of colour at the back of the waistband - that's a really great idea, and I might just try that for my little ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I started with the extra color because a too short waistband, but now I just love the look of it (I have been doing it for some time now).

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...